Pursue Purpose. Champion a Paperless Mission. Earn Trust. Be Agile. Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Transforming the future of the Healthcare Industry is our mission. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact. As the leader in the Property & Casualty marketplace, we are accelerating the elimination of paper in the Healthcare market. We want motivated and passionate people to help us continue transforming administrative processes. If you are ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that is committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Jopari.
Vice President of Operations, IT, & IT Information & Risk
Oversees the activities of a 24x7x365 operations and IT infrastructure. The Vice President of Operations & IT oversees all aspects of operation of centralized operations, IT and related services. This individual coordinates and works with the Production Operations Engineers, Director of IT and others to ensure appropriate processes, procedures and documentation are in place to monitor and meet service levels for the services made available. The Vice President of Operations and IT is ultimately responsible for ensuring day-to-day activities required to sustain 24X7x365 service level, excluding maintenance window periods.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Oversee Production Operations
Ensure these duties are performed and facilitated when there are issues:
- Design, develop & manage the technological infrastructure of a business, coordinating IT managers, and staff, providing guidance, and building relationships with vendors such as Rackspace and Oracle.
- As the VP, you plan and develop OPS & IT policies to support strategies set by management, make purchases, and draft budgets for these changes.
- Analyze the requirements of other departments and implement technology where you see fit while doing industry research and advocating for additional resources to implement new technology.
- Identify when technology upgrades are needed and optimize systems when possible. You monitor equipment and software to ensure optimal performance and make or request repairs as required. Other responsibilities include hiring and managing top quality staff
- Plan activities required to maintain effective operations as the environment grows and changes.
- Ensure monitoring and audits include application software as well as server and staff hardware utilized.
- Establish procedures for server operations; audit server and network usage and ensure operations stay within established thresholds and performance.
- Support and promote practices and documentation driving toward best practices for systems infrastructure as a whole.
- Ensure all errors or anomalies are addressed within SLA timeframes.
- Ensure quality processes, tools, and practices are implemented to meet service objectives.
- Implement quality improvement processes to achieve continuous operational efficiencies.
- Ensure the effective utilization of operations resources including personnel and equipment, asset management of data center hardware and equipment.
- Oversee all reports and documentation related to network and systems operations.
- Create and enforce change order management procedures, maintenance schedules, and other policies and procedure that affect Operations.
- Define proper maintenance schedules, identifying system upgrades to improve efficiency and reliability of the operations.
- Conduct system feasibility studies and testing.
- Schedules personnel assignments and equipment usage to achieve maximum utilization and ensure that users’ production needs are met expeditiously; schedules work load according to priority, type of equipment required, complexity and length of job, and required completion time; organizes work flow to produce best ration of computer use time to clock time; adjusts schedule for work not completed on previous shifts, computer down time, machine breakdowns, employee absences, program failures, and other problems; diagnoses problems and job run failures; resolves problems or consults technical experts for problem resolution.
- Takes responsibility for the protection of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information/data that reside on our internal systems and information/data that may come from our customers and/or reside on their systems.
- Manages Operations team members, including but not limited to a Director of Operations, along with Director of Information Technology, and Director of IT Information & Risk
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes
- BA or BS in Computer Information Sciences or equivalent work experience. Significant experience providing IT support in an academic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong analytical, planning, project management, supervision, team building, and problem-solving abilities.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities within time, budget, and technical constraints.
- Requires a broad and deep knowledge of facilities and plant management (including air, power, network, and monitoring), computing infrastructure (hardware, software, network) project management, IT operations and disaster response.
- Aptitude for learning new technical skills quickly.
- Excellent skills in business organization and operation; must be able to address policies, principles, and operational issues in both overview and detailed levels.
- Ability to deal effectively with clients, management, system and application engineers, vendors, and customers, and must be able to understand their requirements and put them into operating terms for the staff.
- Ability to analyze work processes and procedures for improvement opportunities.
- Experience in technical project management, including developing and managing technical project timelines, and prioritizing and assigning project tasks, and assessing progress.
- Experience leading complex software development projects and project teams engaged in process assessment, systems analysis, system design, development, implementation and acceptance testing.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging application software technologies.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of computer systems design and architecture with an underlying understanding of the integration of systems hardware, software and networks.
- Ability to act with customer/constituent orientation and be attentive and responsive to customer concerns.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as patience, tact and diplomacy. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person, by phone, and by email with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated successful management experience in recruitment, employee relations, performance appraisal, and professional development.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction.
- Ability to work rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to meet deadlines, schedules, and target dates; demonstrate follow through skills.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and full benefits package, including:
- 401(k) and matching
- Stock options
- Health and Dental insurance Options
- Flexible spending account Options
- Health savings account Options
- Life insurance Options
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Full Time
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Please submit your resume in confidence to: email@example.com