Pursue Purpose. Champion a Paperless Mission. Earn Trust. Be Agile. Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
Transforming the future of the Healthcare Industry is our mission. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact. As the leader in the Property & Casualty marketplace, we are accelerating the elimination of paper in the Healthcare market. We want motivated and passionate people to help us continue transforming administrative processes. If you are ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that is committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Jopari.
Senior Development Engineer
This is a great opportunity to join a growing company helping to transform the healthcare technology industry. Participate in the implementation and integration for our customers and delivery of numerous products that are changing the face of electronic billing, electronic payments and secure services for Property & Casualty and Healthcare payers and providers nationally. Join our top-notch engineering team building green solutions powering healthcare EDI transactions.
We are seeking a motivated team player who is ready to dive into Jopari’s leading technologies that drive the complex business requirements supporting the healthcare and finance industries. Use your experience with Java to apply effective design patterns and automated testing for the purposes of developing and integrating the latest technological innovations and industry solutions with both quality and speed. As a Senior Development Engineer, you’ll work as part of our implementation team and work closely with our engineering and client services teams to translate business requirements into design and then into working code that handles custom data formats, workflow, and rules.
- Take on a key role in the full software development life cycle, ranging from requirements analysis through coding, testing, release, and support
- Design, implement, and support EDI application integration to convert data to and from X12 EDI, XML, Flat Files, and proprietary file formats
- Apply Shift Left principles including Test Driven Development and code / design reviews
- Identify opportunities for improvements, innovation and new technologies that will help Jopari with data integration
- Interface with client manager and Quality Assurance to ensure accurate delivery of project requirements and compliance with standards, code quality and accepted conventions
- Apply DevOps principles to manage and maintain implementation testing environments
Requirements Needed to be Successful in this Role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in healthcare and software development
- 7 to 10 years of experience of object-oriented development experience working in Java
- Experience with working in an agile environment
- Strong SQL Skills to query the database
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with Source Control systems like Git / BitBucket, CVS, TFS, VSS, and/or Subversion
- Experience with Continuous integration using Jenkins
- Familiar with HealthCare Transaction processing, Clearinghouse Operations, X12 EDI
- Familiar with REST Web Services, XML, JSON, SOAP, YAML
- Familiar with Maven, Gradle, Kubernetes, Docker, virtual Box, ELK Stack, Ant, Kibana
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Office, and Teams
- Knowledge with Streamsets, Talend, Airbyte, and Open source ETL tools
- Must be self-motivated, can work independently
- Must be an analytical and creative problem solver
- Able to troubleshoot customer implementation issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for delivering high-quality customer solutions and creating great customer experiences.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Knowledge of HIPAA/PHI/PII working environment
Compensation and Benefits
- 401(k) and matching
- Health and Dental insurance Options
- Flexible spending account Options
- Health savings account Options
- Life insurance Options
- Paid vacation and sick time
The position location is hybrid in our Concord office or remote.
Please submit your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org