Jopari Solutions is the leader in Digital Transaction Processing in changing the way medical providers and payers (Insurance Companies/TPAs) manage their billing and payment processing needs. With Jopari Solutions products, providers can streamline their billing operations, improve payment cycles, and reduce frictional costs of checking bill and payment status. Payers and providers reduce their operational costs, boost operational efficiency, and improve levels of service, while meeting today’s emerging regulatory compliance requirements for electronic billing and payment services. Jopari already has linked to 1,500,000+ (submitters) and 5,000+ Workers’ Compensation, Group Health and Auto Medical payers nationwide, making Jopari the leading connectivity solution in the market.
Jopari’s Client Support Division is World Class, and we settle for nothing less!
This position is part of the Client Support Division that is responsible for providing customer support to new and existing payers and providers with account set up, maintenance and acceptance and delivery of medical bills, payments, and/or other insurance-related processes. This includes, but is not limited to, direct interaction with our client’s business and technical resources, as well as internal Jopari staff.
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone or email.
- Escalate and monitor issues that may require coordination and follow up with Jopari Internal Departments (i.e., development, operations, engineering) and external business partners/clients.
- Create and monitor all Code Red (escalated/critical) issues to determine if and what type of communication is warranted, whether it is internal or external.
- Reproduce issues on behalf of customer(s) and assist in verifying fixes, account set-up, etc.
- Accurately document all communications, research documentation and any relevant information in the Client Support ticketing system (Zendesk). This includes but is not limited to;
- (1) determine the severity of the issue related to the inquiry
- (2) what kind of inquiry/issue
- (3) who is affected by the inquiry/issue. You must effectively involve appropriate additional resources when necessary. In all cases the candidate will attempt to be the primary resource when responding to issues and requests.
- Evaluate and resolve problems in a timely, efficient manner.
- Consistently provide customers with status updates for any outstanding inquires and issues.
- Direct and escalate requests internally for unresolved issues.
- Obtain all relevant information with strong level of detail to effectively handle inquiries.
- Develop and maintain rapport with customers.
- Identify trends for process improvement.
- All other duties as requested by management.
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong advocate of customer service principles and practices.
- 3 years + in call center or customer care environment.
- Experience with medical billing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Products.
- Proven technical experience.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Strong sense of urgency in addressing and responding to issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills MUST be professional and polished.
- Adaptive listening skills with ability to translate layman issues to technical staff and vice versa.
- Thorough attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize issues and requests.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision but can also thrive and interoperate within a dynamic team environment with limited structure.
- Understanding of the workers’ compensation and/or group health insurance industry.
- Experience with X-12 File formats a plus.
- Experience working in an online customer service ticketing system for email and phone inquiries is a plus.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Location: Remote or Concord, CA corporate office
- Reports to: Client Support Supervisor
- No Direct Reports
- Full Time Position
Submit your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org