Technical Software Support Engineer
The Technical Software Support Engineer provides software application support for all issues that come from external as well as internal customers. This Engineer will not only be the main point of contact for inquiries and issues, but will also facilitate internally to ensure that the correct resources are involved for timely resolution. Additionally has responsibility for following up on resolution and providing status updates to ensure the best possible client experience.
Purpose of the job :
Provides first level application technical support for customers in production by identifying the problem in detail, gathering the required information to facilitate responding to the problem and involvement if possible in duplicating the reported problem. Additionally the Technical Support Engineer could assist in ensuring problem resolution is good. The Tech Support Engineer should participate influencing product direction and streamlining processes based on customer reported issues.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Via telephone, email, JIRA, or Customer Care application intake inquiries and issues, accurately document them in the JIRA, determine severity and effectively involve appropriate additional resources when necessary. In most cases the Technical Support Engineer is the primary resource when responding to issues and requests.
- Gather as much information required for next level support engineers
- Promptly evaluate and resolve problems in a timely, efficient manner with a sense of urgency.
- Consistently provide customers with regular status updates for any outstanding inquires and issues.
- Directing and escalating requests internally for unresolved issues.
- Work alongside software development and production/operation engineers.
- Develop and maintain rapport with customers.
- Reproduce issues on behalf of customer and assist in verifying fixes in code releases.
- Document resolution to all problems in detail and concise manner.
- Produce reports on an as needed basis to evaluate the types of problems reported.
Additional responsibilities (as needed):
- Contribute to documenting processes (FAQs, etc)
Submit your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text]Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Experience doing application technical support at a software or Technology Company.
- Familiarity with SDLC
- Comfortable with a command line and knowledge of basic Windows and UNIX commands.
- Familiarity with EDI
- Familiar with Healthcare line of business helpful
- Familiar with SQL
- Worked with database
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Strong advocate of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Adaptive listening skills with ability to translate layman issues to technical staff and vice versa.
- Thorough attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize issues and requests.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and at the same time, thrives and interoperates within a dynamic team environment.
- Participation in suggesting product improvements based on exposure to reported issues and requests.